Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc
Develop the fundamental skills necessary to lead in the field of mechanical engineering. This online Advanced Manufacturing Systems programme will provide you with critical knowledge in advanced manufacturing, and help enhance your professional capabilities to become successful engineers and researchers required for Industry 4.0 oriented smart manufacturing.
|Part-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, May, September|
|Tuition Fee:||£10,100 per programme|
Develop in-depth knowledge and transferable skills to further your career in the field of mechanical engineering with the Advanced Manufacturing Systems programme from Brunel University London – Online.
Our Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc degree focuses on providing you with a unique learning opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and skills in advanced manufacturing, aiming to produce the leading engineers and researchers required for Industry 4.0 oriented smart manufacturing to improve products and production processes.
Studying online gives you the opportunity to earn an internationally-recognised UK master’s degree without leaving your home. You are not obliged to attend campus lectures, meaning you can watch them on the online platform at times that work for you. During the course of your studies, you’ll have access to:
- Engaging study materials: Your resources will include video lectures, case studies, class forums and podcasts.
- Support and guidance: Your dedicated programme tutor will guide your academic development from day one.
- Your virtual campus: Study from any location and build connections with like-minded professionals worldwide.
- Open Library: Online students will have full access to Brunel’s expansive digital library for books, articles, and electronic resources.
By studying your degree online, you’ll join a network of students and professionals around the world, learning and connecting to enrich their lives, and taking the next positive steps towards rewarding careers.
Upon successfully completing the Advanced Manufacturing MSc online, graduates will be able to:
- Appreciate the underlying principles of sustainable design, the manufacturing of products, and computer aided engineering.
- Evaluate and create strategies for carrying out advanced manufacturing methods and industrial systems.
- Compile data from multiple sources, and present and communicate information to a diverse audience.
- Collaborate with teammates and possess the leadership and judgment skills to manage people, time, and resources.
- Grasp concepts of systems approach, including the latest techniques, software, and tools.
The Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online course equips students with the knowledge and transferable skills for rewarding careers in mechanical engineering, project leadership, and entrepreneurial pursuits. This programme is especially beneficial for professionals who work in the manufacturing industry, research organisations, and in universities.
Brunel’s Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online course contains nine compulsory modules designed to equip you with the skills to succeed in the fields of manufacturing and engineering. The modules cover subjects ranging from manufacturing technologies to supply chain management, and includes a dissertation.
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Measurement Systems and Data Analysis
- Automation and Robotics
- Quality Management & Reliability
- Global Manufacturing Enterprise Business Development
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management
- Research Methods for Engineering Projects
- Research Project (60 credits)
BRUNEL ONLINE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We at Brunel want to reassure all of our students that under the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to offer you the resources and support you need to study your online programme successfully.
A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in an engineering, science or technology subject.
Non-native speakers of English need either of the following:
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all sub scores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 71 (min R18, L17, S20, W17)
- Duolingo English: 105 overall (minimum 90 in each sub score)